Seasoned radio personality Felix Odiwuor alias Jalango has officially confirmed his departure from Royal Media Services radio station Hot96.
News of his exit broke even before he hosted his last ‘Jeff and Jalas in the Morning’ show on Friday last week. In an official statement released yesterday, the celebrated radio presenter and emcee said he is following his heart as he opens a new page.
Jalas also penned some special words for the team behind his successful one-and-four-months long stint at the radio station.
“I want to take this special opportunity to thank the entire family of Royal media especially The hot96 team. Very special mention to Fred Afune who believed in me and assured me that this will work even when no one believed! You gave me an opportunity of a lifetime and see what we created in just 1 year and 4 months…a monster show.”
He continued: “Waruru Wachira…the man behind the brand Jalango…most of you don’t know that Waruru discovered me thank you soo much!”
For his immediate former cohost Jeff Koinange, Jalas said: Thank you to my brother from another mother my mentor whom to this moment I haven’t even called because I don’t know how to, Koinange Jeff, The show must go on!”
Last Friday was my last day at @hot96fmkenya I must say it’s been a ride and a half…1 year 4 amazing months of hard work and delivery. I want to take this special opportunity to thank The entire Family of Royal media especially The hot 96 Team. Very special mention to Fred Afune who believed in me and assured me that this will work even when no one believed! You gave me an opportunity of a life time and see what we created in just 1 year and 4 months…a monster show. Waruru Wachira…the man behind the brand Jalango…most of you don’t know that Waruru discovered me thank you soo much! Thank you to my brother from another mother my mentor whom to this moment I haven’t even called because I don’t know how to @koinangejeff The show must go on! My producer @cynthia_mwangi Thank you soo much. The most amazing boss you can ever meet. Simaloi thank you for your guidance and standing with me at anytime I needed you. To all my fellow presenters and the entire @hot96fmkenya Thank you. Special mention to my brother @willisraburu Thank you for your support. We will meet soon. To the fans of #JeffandJalasOnHot96 You are the best…Thank you for tuning in everyday every morning! LOVE you soo much! Now the Trumpet has been blown and I have listened to it …let me FOLLOW my heart as I open a new page! Thank you everyone God WINS! Still chasing the dream There is no stopping! THE VILLAGE BOY!
But that was not all the tribute Jalango had reserved for Jeff Koinange. In another post, he wrote:
“My brother…My Mentor…My Friend and my partner…I haven’t even called you to say bye because I don’t know what to tell…I guess my voice will shake all through and maybe I’d want to lie and maybe tell you I’ll be back…It’s your time to shine on! Hold the fort! You’ve always done it so it shouldn’t be different!
Thank you for everything Jeff
1. Making me believe in myself again that I can fit in any place even when people dint believe in me you made me shine among the elite!
2. No single day did you ever look down on me even when you knew that our lives were far apart and so different but you held my hands and we created something beautiful #JeffAndJalasOnHot96
3. Each day I learnt something new from you and that gave me the reason to want to wake up each day…your experience in the industry is something I needed and you made working with you a vacation each day!
4. When we started they all were asking “Jeff and Jalas how? And I remember you telling me watch this space! See what it became…A monster show!
5. Keep being the amazing guy you are… I hope you learn to dance Kwangwaru soon enough…Friday Swahili interviews…Rooftop things…and smoke the show up because it will always go on! The show must go on…SMOOOOOOOOOOKING!
See you at my graduation!’’