Willy Paul Narrates “Horrific” Riverside Attack in Westlands, Nairobi

January 16, 2019

Musician Willy Paul on Tuesday reportedly survived the terror attack at DusitD2 Hotel on Riverside Drive in Westlands, Nairobi.

The controversial hitmaker, who seems to attract trouble at every turn, was attending a meeting at the hotel when armed assailants attacked the DusitD2 complex, which houses a hotel and several international companies.

The assailants, who are believed members of the Al-Shabaab terrorist group, reportedly denoted grenades and opened fire as they entered the complex at around 3 pm.

Willy Paul was among the hundreds of people who were able to flee to safety. He took to social media to narrate his ordeal and to thank God for making out unharmed.

“Today, I’ve seen how much God loves me!! He’s given me another chance to live. I hope everyone survived the attack at dusit.. I’ve never come across such a thing in my life!!! People have been injured and some have lost their lives!!” wrote the singer.

He further observed that the guns used by the assailants were “not usual”.

“The police should dig deep into this issue because the kind of weapons that we’re used afew minutes back are not usual!! Someone somewhere is supplying this people with this weapons.”

Willy Paul further recounted that: “While in my meeting the fast thing I had was a blast from a very powerful explosive, the second thing that followed were gun shots. I can’t believe I’m here typing, I just survived this horrific incident.. Thank you Lord. I will never get tired of thanking you and serving under you !!!”

Speaking to CitizenDigital, Willy Paul narrated the ordeal as follows: “I was at an office in an adjacent building to dusitD2 Hotel, when I heard a loud ear-piercing explosion. I went to the window to peep outside and saw black smoke billowing into the air. Some of the ladies, who were present in the room, were smiling at me, suggesting that my act was cowardly. To them, the explosion was as a result of, maybe a tyre burst. Before we could resettle for the meeting, a second bang, this time louder, rented the air, with several gunshots being heard. We did not know where to run to.

“While wondering what to do, we saw a group of people running toward the emergency exit. We followed them and found ourselves at the fire assembly point. While there, we still harboured fears, and so we had to continue with our runs. I really sympathized with women, who could not jump over a raised metal bar that separated safety areas from the scene of the attack. Several women broke their arms and legs while trying to jump over the bar. It was a chaotic scene. My eyes bleed from what I saw.

“As I am speaking to you, I left my car at the scene of attack. After running to safety, I hopped onto the next motorbike, which sped with me and my cousin to Nairobi’s central business district.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss