She may not be married yet, but Reverend Lucy Natasha appears well equipped with all the necessary tips to make a marriage work.
This past weekend, the Nairobi-based clergywoman got engaged to a fellow preacher, Prophet Stanley Carmel.
On Tuesday, the lovebirds met with Archbishop Arthur Kitonga, who shared some nuggets of wisdom on marriage.
Kitonga, who is the founder of the Redeemed Gospel Churches in Kenya, has been married for five decades. As such, he must know a secret or two about a successful marriage.
According to Rev Lucy Natasha, the Bishop outlined 7 pillars to a successful marriage.
She wrote: “These are some of few things we learnt from Archbishop who has been happily married for 50 Years. Thank you Archbishop, You are a wellspring of Wisdom!
Pillars To A Successful Marriage
1.Know that you have an enemy called satan.
Every thing good infuriates satan; he uses unrealistic imaginations through pictures and thoughts to affect your marriage.
2. Have a dream for your family. A future without pictures is useless.
Picture the kind of family you want from scriptures.
3. Communication: Proper communication guarantees a successful marriage.
Make your spouse your best friend and personal confidant. Focus on the good qualities of your spouse and not their weaknesses; never compare them to anyone. Stay discrete about the problems you experience in your marriage. Never discuss your family problems with people who are incapable of solving them. Never betray a sharp confidence from your spouse with another. Never accept the report of others without hearing from your spouse.
4. Establish a family altar: Jeremiah 29:13-14, Always reach out daily to God for divine assistance in prayers.
5. Learn to love: John 13:34-35, 15:12,17.
Always spend quality time with your spouse. Show love in words, actions and giving.
Love is kind.
Love is Patient.
6. Talk about finances:
Set specific monetary goals with deadlines and details.
Every member of the family should be a tither and learn to give quality offering from childhood.
7. Make God’s Word your standard for living. God’s word contains the secrets for a successful Marriage. Your individual responsibilities are contained in God’s Word.