When he is not opposing DP Ruto’s 2022 presidential ambitions, Nyeri Town MP Ngunjiri Wambugu is a family man who loves to read books.
In a quickfire interview, Ngunjiri revealed personal tidbits about himself that most people don’t know.
- Describe yourself in three non-political words.
True to Self.
- What is one of the crucial things you’ve put in your bucket list?
To lecture at a university.
- What or who do you admire the most and why?
David in the Bible. He’s a combination of how fallible man can succeed by the grace of a righteous God.
- If you could be an animal, what would it be and why?
Lion. He’s not the strongest animal, or the fastest, or the smartest, or the biggest, but he holds his own and matches to his own drum beat. I am like that.
- What would you do with your 15 minutes of fame?
Refocus people’s attention on important things, especially change the narrative that politics is a bad thing.
We need to get past the believe that politics is a dirty game, elect leaders of integrity, and that way, we will clean up our governance system.
- What is your biggest addiction?
Books. I can’t pass a bookshop or bookstall. I read any kind of book. And I read … everywhere.
- On a scale of 1-10 how cool are you?
- Favourite music?
Old school R & B.
- What was the last movie you watched or book you read?
Movie; Captain Marvel with the family.
Book; Leaders General Stanley McChrystal
- What is your best childhood memory … and your worst?
Best; making it to Nyeri High School.
Worst; I was scared of planes.
- What’s your greatest achievement?
- What is that one thing we don’t know about you?
I had to learn how to live with ADHD (Attention Deficient / Hyperactive Disorder)