Missing Baringo MCA Found “Confused in a Thicket” in Rongai

July 3, 2018

The Baringo ward rep who was reported missing on Sunday has been found alive in Rongai area, Nakuru County.

Nelson Lotela, the Silale member of county assembly, was reportedly found confused in a thicket at Kirobon area on Monday morning.

He was admitted to Kabarak University Health Centre for a medical check-up after what he says was a “close shave with death”. The MCA was abducted at Nginyang’ River in Tiaty while on his way home from Chemolingot trading centre before being bundled him into a saloon car.

Lotela said the car was being escorted by a Nissan Navara pick-up whose registration number had been scraped off.

He claimed his abductors identified themselves as police officers and ordered him to alight from his vehicle before forcing him into their car.

“One of the men knocked me with a gun on my shoulders and forced me into the boot,” Lotela recalled from his hospital bed.

“I asked them what I had done but of the men ordered me to cooperate.”

The MCA said he was blind-folded and driven towards Marigat town.

“I’m very familiar with the road. I think I was driven towards Mogotio. We Passed by many road blocks and I could hear them arguing with police officers that theirs was a GK vehicle (and should be left to pass without inspection),” he said.

Lotela said after being driven for “many hours”, he was taken into thicket at Kirobon area in Nakuru where he was asked if he is the spokesman of the Pokot community.

“I said no, but the officers kept on accusing me of blocking the ongoing security operation in the region. I told them that I did not go to the assembly the whole of last week as I was involved in preaching peace with the government officers on the ground.”

“I asked them why they wanted to kill me and they said that they were just doing what they had been asked to do,” said Lotela.

“They asked me to say my last words but I told them I had nothing to say as I had not been told my mistake. I waited them to fire at me but nothing happened,” he added.

After about five minutes of silence, Lotela realized that his assailants had left the scene.

“I managed to get to the main road without any shoes and Good Samaritans took me to hospital,” said the MCA as quoted by Nation.

Rongai Officer Commanding Police Division Japheth Kioko said they were investigating the matter.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss