His tweets on Eurobond among other government corruption are said to be the reason he was assassinated. Juma was a self proclaimed billionaire, and below are other things you did not know about him.
1. He was only 42 years old. He was born in Western Kenya and completed his high school education at Bungoma High School.
2. He had powerful connections to the YK 92, a group whose sole purpose was to help President Moi win the hotly contested 1992 elections. It is believed he made his money here.
3. He studied finance and accounting at the University of Nairobi, perhaps explaining his ‘expert’ knowledge on the Eurobond saga.
4. He was embroiled in a litany of high profile legal suits. He was once sued by NCPB over the supply of 400 metric tonnes of grain worth sh500 million. He was also involved in legal tussles with Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero, Cabinet Secretary Najib Balala (during his stint at the Mining Ministry) and former President Daniel arap Moi’s daughter Jennifer.
5. He lived a flashy life and was always eager to show it. He once turned up for a newspaper interview in a chauffeured Rolls Royce Phantom. He routinely wore designer suits imported from major fashion houses in Europe and his office was a collection of some of the most expensive furniture. He was known to shop in high end places in Dubai and London
6. His Karen house is worth a reported Sh100 million.
7. He reportedly fell out with the Jubilee government 3 years ago after losing a multi-billion deal. He soon started his social media campaign against the government.
8. He predicted his death more than once, and even gave names of police officers sent to kill him by top government figures.
Additional reporting by Nairobi News