It is widely accepted that Nicholas Biwott did not acquire his vast wealth genuinely.
He was the big man at a time when corruption in government was the norm and on a massive scale. His name was linked to various scandals, and it was said that whenever a foreigner wanted to invest locally, Biwott had to be looped into the project and given a share.
As a result, Biwott grew into an incredibly wealthy man. Everyone knows he owns(or owned) Yaya Centre and a big chunk of Kenol Kobil. But his list of companies is as long as his scandals.
This list has been circulating on social media. We can’t determine its accuracy, but it gives you a sense of the man we’re dealing with. If Forbes included politicians with dubious money, Biwott surely should have been on that billionaires’ list.
List that Biwott apparently owned.
1 .Barsirim Investment -Biwott 100%
2.Kipsinende Farm- Biwott 100%
3. Rono Ltd- Biwott 100%
4. National Milling Corporation- Seven shareholders including Moi and Kulei
5. Yaya Centre (worth KSh 3.5 billion) – Biwott 100%
6. HZ Group of Companies- Biwott 100%
7. LZ Engineering Biwott 100%
8. Premier Group of Companies- Biwott 100%
9. HZ Construction and Engineering -Biwott 100%
10. Air Kenya Aviation Ltd- Biwott 100%
1 1 . Pete Aviation and Electronics Ltd- Biwott 100%
12. Ziba Management & Services -Biwott 100%
13. HZ Group of Companies, Israel- Biwott 100%
14. Lima Kenya- Biwott 50%, Moi 50%
15. Air Kenya- Biwott 50%, Moi 50%
16. Safaricom Kenya- Biwott, Charles Field Marsham and Gideon Moi.
17. Uhuru Highway Development – Biwott
18. 10,000 hectare ranch in Australia
19. Kenol-Kobil- Biwott.
20. Petrol Stations in Uganda Operated through Kenol-Kobil! (Worth KSh7 billion)
21 . Westmont – An independent power producer company owned by Biwott and Harbinder Sethi Singh.
22. Grand Diani Reef Hotel – Biwott
23. Regional Air – Biwott.
24. H Young and Company Steel manufacturers – Biwott
25. First American Bank- Merali, Biwott, James Kanyotu, Gideon Moi
26. Middle East Bank- Biwott, Moi
27. TransNational Bank -Moi, Biwott, Nyachae, Kangwana