2012 In Review
It has been 9 months since nairobiwire.com was launched.. that’s right, 9 months. Time in which this news blog has outgrown itself. Consistently, we have posted interesting news articles every morning with exception of weekends. Unlike other blogs, we avoid filler or junk articles just to drive up traffic, or irritatingly fill readers Facebook and Twitter timelines. Only the best stories are chosen and that can be proven by the hundreds of shares each story receives. Nairobi Wire probably has the highest views to share ratio for any blog or website in Kenya, and that can be attributed to one, the stories themselves and two, the location of the share buttons; designed to float as you read along.
Some of the most shared stories include the Saitoti assassination claims by Mutahi Ngunyi, which gained more than 4,000 shares on Facebook, plus hundreds more on Twitter. This social media ‘virality’ quickly transformed it into the week’s most popular post; a position it held for over 4 weeks. It still holds the position of the most read article on Nairobi Wire ever, with over 250,000 reads to date.
– “Saitoti Was Assassinated,” Mutahi Ngunyi – 250,000 views
– Campus Divas For Rich Men – 170,000 views
– Prophet Who Saw Saitoti’s Death Also Knows Kenya’s Next President – 150,000 views
– TB Joshua’s Michael Jackson, Mutharika Prophesy, And His Prophesied Life – 120,000 views
– Why Kenyan Ladies End Up Single For Life – 100,000 views
– Apostle James Ng’ang’a Gets Very Drunk And Noisy – 100,000 views– Prophetess Nyaboke speaks again. Is Raila Kenya’s Next President? – 80,000 views