A manhunt for the three terrorists who escaped from Kamiti Maximum Prison on Monday ended on Thursday in Kitui county.
Security agents captured the trio after locals reported that they had spotted them at Malalani shopping centre.
Amid the fanfare, the question on everybody’s mouth was who would laugh all the way to the bank with the Sh60 million bounty that had been placed on the fugitives’ heads.
Well, it appears the multimillion reward was just a ruse to motivate members of the public to provide information.
Speaking to the media at the Kamiti
Minimum prison, Interior CS Fred Matiang’i cleverly evaded a question about the Sh 60 million bounty.
“For the Kenyans who offered the information, will they get the reward?” Citizen TV journalist Hassan Mugambi posed.
CS Matiang’i responded: “No…no…no, we are not going there at the moment. Let us be speculative about this. We are going to work on this meticulously as my colleagues have said.”
Meanwhile, below is a selfie and a video of the man who is said to have led the capture of the terrorists.