Three People Including Four-Year Old Boy Electrocuted in Separate Incidents in Nairobi

May 4, 2017

Three people have died in Nairobi as a result of electrocution.

The three – two men aged 31 and 44 amd a four year old boy – were electrocuted on Monday following a heavy downpour.

Confirming the incidents, Nairobi County Commander Japheth Koome said the boy identified as Adrian Carlos Omondi touched a hanging livewire while playing in an open field in Makongeni area.

“The wire was lying low for long and seems not to have been attended to by relevant authorities,” said Koome.

Peter Kioko, 31, dies after stepping on a live wire in Ruaka area while 44 year-old Ibrahim Abdirahman died in Eastleugh.

Their bodies were moved to the mortuary.

This comes amid increasing complaints from Nairobi residents over unattended live wires especially during the rainy season, but officials from Kenya Power blame the incidents on illegal power connections.

According to statistics, up to two people die from electrocution every week.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Don't Miss