While living in Egypt is often considered cheaper than living in other parts of the world, times are tough, and we all need to look for ways to save money.
But how can we do this when everything is so expensive? The good news is that there are lots of things you can do to save money. Here are some of our top tips to help you save money while shopping in Egypt:
1. Look for Discounts and Vouchers
Lots of online businesses in Egypt offer their customers discount codes and vouchers. One example of this is the voucher codes offered by Jumia. Jumia is one of the biggest online shopping sites in Egypt.
They stock a variety of products including fashion items and homeware. The Jumia Egypt voucher code can help customers get a large discount on their shopping.
Another great tip to get money off while shopping in Egypt is to haggle in markets and in shops. Almost all shop owners are willing to reduce their products when a customer haggles.
The best bargains are usually achieved when a customer walks away.
While there are no fixed rules when it comes to haggling, here are some tips to help you get the best deal:
* Make sure you keep a friendly tone when talking to the shopkeeper
* If you are wearing any heavy jewelry, take it off before entering the store. If a shopkeeper sees this, they will assume that you have a lot of money to spend.
* Let the shopkeeper quote his lowest price first, then try and see if he will go any lower
* Do not stop haggling until you get a price with which you are happy. If you are unhappy then be willing to walk away and try again in a different shop.
* Be reasonable. Make sure that you do not try and reduce the price too much, as this may offend them, and they will not offer you their best price.
3. Shop Around
No matter what you’re searching for and whether you’re shopping online or in-store, it’s always advisable to shop around. While shopping around can be tiresome, you will often be able to find what you are looking for cheaper somewhere else.
4. Take Public Transport
Instead of hopping in your car to go to the shops, consider taking public transport instead. Public transport in Egypt is extremely affordable. Better still, shop online so that you do not have to pay any transport costs.
5. Look for Reduced Items
If you are wanting to purchase food on a budget, then it might be an idea to visit the shops and markets at the end of the day when shopkeepers have discounted their food.
This can help you to save a huge amount of money on your weekly shopping bill.
It does not matter where you live, with the cost of living on the increase, we’re all looking for ways we can save money.
If you live in Egypt and you are looking to save money on your shopping, then make sure you follow our top tips above.
Not only will these tips help you to save money while shopping in-store, but they can also help you to save money online too. Just imagine what you could spend all your saved money on.