Most people may not even recognize her, but it turns out Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero’s wife Susan Mboya Kidero, is big… not literally.
She has had a successful career, working for big companies world over.
These are 10 things you probably did not know about her.
1. She’s the daughter of Tom Mboya
2. She was just an infant when her father was assassinated
3. She’s a pharmacy graduate of University of Connecticut
4. She has Master’s and Doctoral degrees in industrial pharmacy from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy.
5. She became independent of her family, living on her own in Boston at age 21
6. She was once the global marketing director for Oral B Power Brushing at Proctor & Gamble
7. She led a team in developing and executing an African American strategic plan for Proctor & Gamble.
8. She was the recipient of Ebony Magazine’s 5th Annual Outstanding Women in Marketing and Communications Corporate Marketing Award
9. She’s an executive at Coca-Cola (Group director for women economic empowerment, Eurasia – Africa)
10. She’s the founder and president of the Zawadi Africa Education Fund
* Got married to Evans Kidero in 2011