During the State of the Nation address yesterday, President Uhuru Kenyatta directed that people whose names appear in a list by EACC should step aside immediately pending independent investigations.
It remains to be seen whether this will come to pass, considering he does not have powers to sack most of those named.
From Cabinet Secretaries, to Governors and senators, to heads of parastatals, here are those on the list.
* Cabinet Secretaries:
1. Charity Ngilu (Lands)
2. Michael Kamau (Transport)
3. Felix Koskei (Agriculture)
1. Isaac Ruto – Bomet
2. Alfred Mutua – Machakos
3. Evans Kidero – Nairobi
4. Amason Kingi – Kilifi
5. Okoth Obado – Migori
6. Godana Doyo – Isiolo
7. Nathif Jama – Garissa
8. Ukur Yatani – Marsabit
9. Peter Munya – Meru
10. Cyprian Awiti – Homa Bay
1. Johnstone Muthama – Machakos
2. James Orengo – Siaya
* National Assembly
1. Alfred Keter
2. Sunjeev K Birdi
3. Richard Onyonka
4. Safari Shehe
* Permanent Secretaries
1. Mutea Iringo – Defense
2. Nduva Muli – Transport
3. Patrick Omutia – Mining
4. Esther Koimett – Investment Secretary
5. James Teko Lopoyetum – Water
6. Francis Kimemia – Secretary to the cabinet
* Entire PAC Committee
* CEOs of the following parastatals
1. NSSF – National Social Security Fund
2. KPC – Kenya Pipeline Company
3. GDC – Geothermal Development Company
4. KAA – Kenya Airports Authority
Correction: In an earlier version of this post, we had listed Member of Parliament for Tongaren Constituency Dr. Eseli Simiyu. It has since been established that the said MP is not on the list.
Apologies for any harm caused.