The Nairobi Water Company shared on Tuesday a public notice, warning city residents of water interruption for two days as the company repairs a faulty valve.
The notice states that the Ng’ethu water treatment plant which supplies most parts of the city will be shut down for the repairs.
The entire Nairobi CBD will be without water for two days. Surrounding estates along Jogoo Road, Thika Road, Kangundo Road, Limuru Road and Mombasa Road will also be affected.
The shutdown will begin on Thursday at 6 am and water supply will resume on Friday at 6 pm.
The company listed the following areas that will not receive water during the shutdown:
- The whole of the city centre, university of Nairobi main campus, Coca Cola factory
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, EPZ-Athi River
- Areas along Mombasa Road; south B, South C and the neighbourhoods
- The whole of industrial area
- Areas along Juja Road; Mlango Kubwa, whole of Mathare, Eastleigh Air Force Base, Huruma, Kariobangi, Pangani, Eastleigh
- Areas along Jogoo Road; Maringo, Buru Buru and the surrounding estates, Bahati
- Areas along outer-ring road; Baba Dogo, Dandora, Dandora KCC factory, Umoja, Donholm, Fedha, Tassia, Avenue Park, Nyayo Embakassi
- Areas along Kangundo Road; Ruai, Kayole, Komarock estate, Njiru
- Areas along Thika Road; Kenya Breweries, Kenyatta University, Kahawa Baracks, Kasarani, Mwiki, Kahawa Sukari, Garden Estate and Thome Estate
- Areas along Limuru Road; Parklands, Ngara, Aga Khan Hospital, University of Nairobi School of Law and City Park area, Gigiri, United Nation-Gigiri, Muthaiga.
- Karen, Mountain View, Naivasha Road, Kangemi, Satelite, Kawangware, Waithaka and the surrounding areas.