Cecilia Wairimu popularly known by the stage name, Amani, was once a force to reckon with in the entertainment industry. After a long hiatus she is finally making her comeback as she continues to inspire all ages with her music.
She was born in Thika and is most recognized for her collaboration with RnB legend R Kelly for the One 8 Project.
She recently answered 10 quick fire questions about herself in a tete a tete with Capital FM.
1. What is your screensaver? Abstract Art
2. Live today like it’s your last or live today like it’s your first? Live today like its your first..you have hope…you have your whole life ahead of you.
3. What’s your favourite dish? My mum’s chicken and mukimo
4. What is the worst thing anyone’s said to you? That I would never make it in the music industry…but that was just an opinion..I am living in the reality of success.
5. Who would play you in a film about your life? my sister she knows most of my facial expressions and traits.
6. What is your most treasured possession? my Bible..all the answers are in the bible…
7. What is your favourite word? Hmmm(not sure hmmm is a word) but I use it all the time
8. What do you want to say to your parents? Thank you for all the sacrifices you made.
9. What keeps you awake at night? Music …Music videos…Natural hair videos
10. How would you like to be remembered? I put God first..I came..I saw..I conquered..I inspired.