Only hours after Mpeketoni attacks that claimed 48 lives, eight more bodies were found in Poromoko area near Mpeketoni following fresh attacks Monday night.
Terror group Alshabaab, through their radio station-Andalus, claimed that they carried out the attacks on Monday night and that they had killed 20 people. Death toll is expected to rise as police and residents are said to be searching the area for more bodies.
The recovery of more bodies reports were confirmed by the Inspector General of Police David Kimaiyo but said they were yet to know if they were from fresh attacks as claimed by locals.
No arrest has been made so far.