By now, you’ve likely seen a viral post on social media about a man from Embu who walked out of a dowry payment ceremony.
According to the unverified report, one Mr Mbogo cited exorbitant fines and extortion from his would-be in-laws.
The post reads:
Drama As Embu Man Walks out of Dowry Ceremony, Cites Extortion, Unnecessary Fines
– He paid Sh40,000 to cater for food, tents, chairs and a public address system.
– He had also set aside Sh60,000 to pay his bride price that the two families agree on.
-Mbogo was told to add Sh20,000 to the bride price.
– He was slapped with a Sh10,000 fine for made a detour to the wrong path and ended up into a different homestead instead of the girls’.
– Drama, however, ensued when several girls were paraded into the compound covered in lesos from head to toe and Mbogo asked to guess who his fiancée was.
– He pointed to the wrong women, leading to yet another fine of Sh5,000.
– Fumed with anger, A furious Mbogo excused himself to visit the loo and left
More details of the incident have now emerged from an eyewitness who was part of the ceremony.
The witness, identified as Wabuthia, has recalled how the incident went down in hilarious fashion.
Watch Henry Desagu’s skit on the Embu Dowry Drama below.