If you have not yet heard, former Camp Mulla member Mykie Tonie is now a cab driver with taxi hailing company Uber.
News of Mykie’s new hustle has elicited quite the reactions across social media platforms. On twitter, the hashtag #CampMulla was trending as people of the internet expressed their disappointment with the rapper for quitting stardom for taxi driving. Others applauded his venture and offered messages of encouragement.
However, it is DNG’s rant about the whole saga that is taking centre stage. The self-proclaimed Kenya’s number 1 hypeman took to Facebook to lay bare his displeasure with Kenyan blogs after a local blog published Mykie’s story.
The blog headline read; “Maisha Ni Ngumu! Camp Mulla’s Member Now An Uber Driver”
In his vile attack, DNG singled out Mpasho and Ghafla! as gutter press blogs that employ “regurgitated vomit.”
Read his rant below:
I personally never respond to these stupid articles, but hey, this is a new year! Allow me to respond on Mykie’s behalf:
1. These bloggers are uneducated chaps who think they are journalists. Journalism in this country lacks direction. All these wannabe’s understand is smear campaigns.
2. mpasho is a gutter press blog that employs regurgitated vomit (like this guy Chim) from ghafla- a directionless blog without foresight, hence why you see mpasho using poorly crafted headings such as these to attract desperate pop up ads. It’s a pathetic story.
3. For the sake of the idiots who cannot perceive wisdom, world over, artists who are smart are using their fame and popularity to build brands that leverage on the hype and traction to build businesses to increase their revenue streams and subsequently translate into wealth generation and earnings. Top of mind: Jay Z, 50 Cent, Diddy, Akon & David Guetta, who’s young DJs I watched play in Cape Town on NYE.
4. Music is Show Business. There can be no Show without the Business. If an artist is not making money, it’s time to reinvent or set his/her sights on other things. Business ANY DAY!!! FYI: Business will earn you 100x what you make as an artist!
5. FUCK ghafla and FUCK mpasho! They have zero to offer this industry. All they do is think via their ass. Take that to the bank!