labA KCSE candidate was hospitalised after consuming ethanol with five classmates following their practical Chemistry test last Friday.

John Meleji, 18, a student at St Stephen’s Nkoitoi Secondary School in Narok, did not write his Biology paper on Monday as he could not speak, eat or see.

He said he drank three cups of the substance in a dormitory after diluting it with water.

Meleji’s mother Josephine Lankenua faulted the school’s management for notifying her of the incident after her son was taken to Nakuru.

He was transferred from Narok cottage hospital on Sunday.

According to Nursing officer Teresiah Mungai, the student was responding well to treatment.

She said an eye specialist reported a high chance of the boy regaining his eyesight.




Loading...