goatThree people who consumed contaminated meat have been admitted at the Samburu County Referral Hospital.

An old man and two women were admitted on Monday in critical condition according to Medical superintendent Robert Nato.

He said the three were part of a group of nine family members who ate the meat of a goat that died after an injection.

Nato added that the patients vomited and complained of severe abdominal pain, and headaches.

“The children were not badly affected; they were treated and discharged immediately,” he said.

Samburu Central OCPD Abaggarro Guyo confirmed the incident saying 15 people ate the poisonous meat but that six were not affected.