Something is very wrong with how Java prepare their salads. Yesterday, a man took to Twitter after he found a live slug in his meal.
As a result, Java was trending for the better part of the day.
However, This is not the first time people have discovered some disgusting additions to their meals at the restaurant chain.
In 2014, someone posted a video of a live worm crawling out of his salad at the Java in Yaya Centre.
There have also been reports of cockroaches and rats found in some of their restaurants. Many people have also posted their stories of food poisoning at Java.
@Nairobi_Java morning. My friend had a spicy thai salad at the airport departarues java and is now admitted in the UK with food poisoning
— ıuoəɯıs lɐʇsʎɹɔ (@crystalsimeoni) April 21, 2015
Got a food poisoning from java in the name of nairobi burger fest.. This free things 😑😑 tsk
— Debby Ogeto (@PweetyDee) June 4, 2016
we've all gotten food poisoning from Java but we somehow keep going 😭😭😭😭
— fupaville (@Wa_NDIA) August 20, 2016
[email protected]_Java I have separately gotten food poisoning from your Kimathi Street, Sarit Centre and Mama Ngina street branches. You lost it.
— Mr. 6.0 (@FQanini) March 31, 2015
If you've never gotten food poisoning from Java then you're hardy .
— mignon (@NyaSerikal) November 4, 2014
— Benjamin Isaya Agina (@AginaAg) October 19, 2014
Each individual complaint is followed with promises of action, but there’s little to show for it.