The Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC) on Tuesday released a list of fuel stations from across the country that have been selling adulterated fuel.
The stations have reportedly been adding kerosene to petrol and diesel, in a bid to make more money per litre.
In a statement to newsrooms, ERC said that between March and May 2016, a total of 4,532 tests were carried out in 823 petroleum outlets. A few fueling sites and depots were found to be duping their customers with mixed fuel. Some have been shut down while others have paid fines ranging from Sh100,000 to Sh2 million.
Here are 15 of those stations the ERC has listed as culpable.
1. Avis Energy filling station – Machakos
2. Patoil filling stations – Machakos
3. Mukaa filling station – Makueni
4. Sunrise filling station – Nairobi
5. Maxis Oil Service – Nairobi
6. Kobil Kiembeni – Murang’a
7. Nana filling station – Busia
8. Lagos filing station – Kilifi
9. Digital filling station – Meru
10. Hass Eldoret service station – Uasin Gishu
11. The ambassador filling station – Kirinyaga
12. Total Mwingi service station – Kitui
13. Mogas Kitale sevice station – Trans Nzoia
14. Kobil Uganda road Eldoret service station – Uasin Gishu
15. Rogmer filling station – Meru